May 15, 2015

Audrey's Woodland Bloom Quilt

Welcome, Blogger's Quilt Festival friends!
So glad you could stop by!

I finished this quilt just in time for the festival and I'm so excited to share it with you!


This quilt began its life over 2 years ago when my oldest was around 13-15 mos old and I was very pregnant with my second. We were getting her big girl room ready and this Woodland Bloom fabric fit the colors perfectly. 


Fast forward two years, lots of indecision on the pattern, tracking down another charm pack or two of out of print fabric, and lots of hand quilting, and tada! She finally gets her quilt!


I outlined the X's and all the sashing and then did a petal shape inside each arm of the X. Can you see it in there?




I added a second border using a polka dot from Connecting Threads I found in my stash that matches that deeper pink PERFECTLY and used the same petal template I made for the X's to do this quilting in the border. 


The backing is pieced from my stash and I made the binding from my grandmother's stash. 



All I have left to do is make a pillow sham and maybe some pillow cases that match! And make a big girl quilt for my 2-year-old!



Thanks for stopping by! Thanks, Amy, for hosting!  www.amyscreativeside.com Enjoy the festival!

4 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

What a sweet quilt. I love it!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's beautiful...pattern, colors, and exquisite hand stitching for a perfect finish! :)

Lonci said...

Very spectacular, very nice:)))

Writingmom said...

Such a sweet quilt.