I decided to do the DIY Bishop Dress again, this time making matching Christmas dresses.
January 10, 2015
Posted by Abby at 1:18 PM
October 21, 2014
I caved. I caved to the princessy, song-stuck-in-your-head-constantly, little girl brainwashing that is Frozen. So, Halloween costumes were in order. Since we have two little girls, it kind of HAD to happen, right? I used this tutorial for Queen Elsa: http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2014/06/elsa-costume-diy.html
Posted by Abby at 9:30 PM
September 22, 2014
Posted by Abby at 10:31 PM
July 23, 2014
Posted by Abby at 10:25 PM
December 30, 2013
1. I birthed a baby: my sweet Andrea will be 1 year old on Thursday!!
2. My niece Molly's blanket
3. We did a winter garden this year and it was super successful!
4. I've made lots of progress on those hexies. I will finish it in 2014.
5. I made about 3 sets of these car seat strap covers for the girls. Super easy.
6. Audrey's dress for her second birthday.
7. Audrey's doll's dress.
8. Andrea's dress.
9. Andrea's bloomers.
10. Vera's blanket.
11. Audrey's 2nd birthday cake and party decorations.
12. Starting with August, I made new shirts for Andi's monthly photo shoots.
13. September shirt.
14. October shirt.
15. November shirt.
16. December shirt. (I also made one for Audrey).
There are a few things I didn't include, like the 4 sets of hooded towels I made out of necessity for the girls. And the starts of quilts that still need attention. I actually hope to finish a cheater quilt by tomorrow for a baby shower, so that'll get squeezed in before the end of the year.
The coolest part of my crafting is that I conquered some pretty big garment-making fears and made dresses for my girls. Yay!
The sad part of all this, which will be remedied in the new year, is that I did not make a true quilt this year. Blankets, yes. Quilts, no. So sad.
Thankfully, I have resolved to make quilts for my 2 girls, and oh my goodness EVERYONE I KNOW is getting pregnant. Lots of quick baby quilts coming to a blog near you.
Here's to a happy 2014!
Posted by Abby at 4:44 PM