May 8, 2019

Christmas BOM

Way back, circa 2009, Gail Pan of Gail Pan Designs shared a free Christas BOM called “A Christmas Wish” that was right up my alley. It featured nine embroidered blocks that were so fun, that I printed out the patterns and cut out some ivory squares for the embroidery and then did nothing. Well, I finished dental school and had 2 babies, so I was busy, but, still, it sat as other projects came and went. I believe It was sometime around 2016 when I picked out the embroidery floss and traced the patterns onto the fabric. It was our first camping trip as a family and I wanted a new hand project for the car.



So I sat around the campfire and stitched away on these blocks. At some point, I finished them, and they sat, until one day I realized I had the perfect fabric to sash these blocks with. It all finally came together and I chose to hand quilt the wall hanging with perle cotton in green, white, and maroon. I displayed it during this past Christmas season for the first time!




No comments: