November 25, 2009

Goings On For the Holidays



Today's my big baking day for Thanksgiving.  I have been entrusted with the task of making the pumpkin and pecan pies and the rolls for the big day.  The pumpkin pie is Carnation's recipe, I have no idea where I got the pecan pie recipe, although it claims to be "Texan" and the rolls are Little Birdie Secrets', both the cheddar biscuits and the Thanksgiving rolls which are rising as I type.  Cuz you can't have too many rolls on Thanksgiving, right? You can't find the Carnation recipe on the can anymore, so I refer you to the vintage recipe I received from my grandmother. 

Yesterday I cut out the squares for my value quilt and drew my lines so I can race them through the sewing machine.  They are now chain pieced and being cut apart.  I'm rockin' and rollin', baby!

And if you're wondering why I don't have beautiful pictures of all these events, it's because my snap and shoot turns off every time I take a picture and does not save said picture.  Yeeesh.  So I pulled out my ancient SLR and the pictures are trapped in the film that needs to be taken to a store and developed then placed onto a CD so I can upload them to my computer and then to Blogger.  Yeeesh.  It's called the digital revolution and I'm losing the battle.

No comments: