July 30, 2010

Fitness Friday

Improv(E) Your Butt Button

Anyone else out there joining in on this venture?  I seriously need to get off my butt more and if it's the only way I can get new fabric, I'll be more likely to do it.  Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio and Katie at Sew Katie Did started this adventure and their take on it is to make something, earning fabric pieces (from their stash) for each mile.  Earn enough miles, you can piece the fabrics together.  I, on the other hand, need to be allowed more fabric rather than permission to put the pieces together, so I've improvised a bit on the rules, if you will.

So for every 25 miles, I get to buy a fat quarter.  Get it?  It may seem a bit much, but if I stick to 2 miles/day (which is about how far it is around the neighborhood I live in...), every two weeks I get a 1/4 yard.  That's 1/2 yard every month.  Since I'm on a fabric fast, this will be better than nothing, right? 

So here goes nothing! I guess I'll go eat lunch and then get my running shoes on!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I joined too! I'm on Jacquie's site and the DMQG is going to start one, too! Super excited!

Mama Pea said...

Sounds like fun. I need to shed a few, too. I should think about how I could modify the rules and join in. Hmmm.....