November 24, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Although I technically started this quilt and had all the blocks made before baby, it was a pretty big deal to be able to finish it after Miss Audrey made her arrival.  I made it a point to try to quilt our first week home.  We were home on Thursday, we were in my sewing room by Tuesday.  She slept the whole time!  It got harder as she woke up to the world, but soon I started taking her activity gym up there and she would play away for 15-20 minutes at a time with lullabies playing on Pandora.  Erik also gave me a morning to sew while he and Audrey watched college football at my parents' house. So here's the result


 






My mom bought this fabric 3 years before baby.  My room was decorated with Peter Rabbit as a child and I even started collecting more of the Wedgwood when I got a bit older.  I thought it would be a great idea to decorate our baby-of-unknown-gender's nursery with Peter Rabbit, Erik did not think so.  So my mom decorated her nursery with all of my old things and so it deserved a quilt from her fabric.  The rick-rack was added to ahem hide some imperfections in my fussy cutting, but I think it adds a vintage look that fits with the nursery.  I gave it to her for her birthday : )

Here's our little 12 pound turkey from yesterday's festivities!


We have so much to be thankful for this year: happy, healthy baby, wonderful family, and good jobs! 
I really have been so blessed to find part time work as a general dentist in Sunnyvale, Texas working with a great dentist.  I've been working around 4 days a month and will work at least two days a week starting in January.  I love that I get to stay home so much with Audrey, but I love being able to work in a great office with a great staff and do what I worked so hard for these past four years!  Erik's having fun, too, developing a marketing campaign for me.  That business degree is sure helping out!  Check out the website he made for me!

We plan to decorate for Christmas one box at a time.  Sounds like a good nap time activity : )

Hope you're enjoying the season!




No comments: