August 19, 2013

Audrey's Big Girl Room - the cute stuff

So, I showed you the furniture we bought and refinished for Miss Audrey's room, now for the cute stuff. : )

The crib sheet we got at Target on clearance, as well as the crib skirt.  Well, that's not entirely true...the crib skirt was really a bed skirt for a twin size bed that I took apart and sewed back together to fit a crib set to the lowest setting.  It was a bit of a learning process, but I think it came out great!


Untitled

Above the crib, we framed two owl prints that we got from our good friend Vanessa at NessaDee Art with frames from IKEA.  I made the framed initial in the center using a cool frame from Hobby Lobby, a fat quarter of cute fabric, and a wooden letter.  I'll show you how I made that sometime!

Untitled

We also hit up Hobby Lobby for this cute birdhouse and pink, metal tree with little birds.

That lamp was made way back in 2004 by gluing some beads on the inside of a lampshade and attaching a little beaded pull to the switch.  Nothing fancy, but I think it needs a little something to freshen it up.  Maybe some ribbon...I'll get on that! 

Untitled

My MIL gave Audrey this cross when she was born.  It was from the little gift boutique in Baylor Hospital in Dallas.  The verse completely reflects my heart when it came to having Miss Audrey.  Countless prayers were prayed during the long 5 years I put off having babies for school. 

Untitled

Here's a close-up of the sweet prints and initial.

Untitled

I made these curtains a while back for the "girl" room we had staged in this room.  I've learned a lot about making curtains since then, but these sweet little eyelet curtains work just fine ; )

Untitled

I've had these little plates forever.  I got them to match a quilt I had in the staged girl room way back in 2005 or something like that.  I got them (and the quilt) at Linens 'N Things.



We found this little bird-in-a-cage at Hobby Lobby, too.  I keep debating about painting the cage and leaving the bird white.  I definitely think it needs something...

Untitled

We've also had these window mirrors forever.  They were always in the kitchen in previous residences, but since there's not a good place for them in this house, they ended up here.  I have no idea where I got them.  Garden Ridge?  Maybe?



Still a few little things to do like work on that lampshade and spruce up the bird, but it's pretty much done!

No comments: