March 13, 2019

A Quilt for My Mother

I picked out this fabric long ago (2009), because it matches my parents' living room.
And it sat.  I had a layer cake and a charm pack of the Portugal line by Moda.

I cut the layer cake down to charms and made 1/2 square triangles, not really having a plan.

I thought about a sampler.  


But ended up doing pinwheels surrounded by these squares.


The empty space in the square gave me the opportunity to do some fun hand quilting.


And something fun in the corners...


And something similar on the edges.


I straight line quilted around the rest of the piecing.


And used up this blue print on the back, and found someone still selling that blue floral from the line to use as the binding!  Perfect.


I had it done in time to give it to my mom on her birthday!


She loved it!


No comments: