April 13, 2019

Sewing desk and Mini Finishes


One project that I finished and haven't posted about yet is my new to me sewing desk.

It was my Aunt's dressing table, but even my grandmother made a cushion for the stool and used it as her sewing desk.  After my grandparents passed, and no one else wanted to take it, including my aunt, I jumped at the opportunity to use it as my sewing table.  I removed all of her notions (most of them really fun and vintage), and took the table home for a redo.



Here you can see the mirror part of the dressing table as I painted it in the garage.  It took a lot of sanding, priming, paint, and podcasts to get it done!


I sprayed the hardware a nice gray.  I took off the old fabric and disintegrating foam and started fresh!


Slowly, but surely, I also finished up a few little minis to put up on my wall.  I found these three granny squares at an antique store, snatched them up, got the stains out, and quilted this little runner.


I found this dresden plate at the same shop.  I couldn't get all the stains out, so I had to carefully cut it out and re-applique the plate to new fabric.  I did a little quilting and added it to my wall!


I also finished up this little cross-stitch I started at work one day.  


Then I added a few things I inherited - this neat folded fabric piece from my NaNa:


A few cathedral windows from my NaNa:


Bluebonnets from my Nanna's house:


And now I have the start of a mini wall!


No comments: