November 28, 2008

Where I Stand Now:

I spent most of Wednesday finishing up piecing for and basting the bandana quilt and the star quilt is basted and ready to go as well. After practicing some free-motion quilting on my new sewing machine cover, I'm still pretty anxious about using it on a quilt that is a gift, so I think I'm going to whip out my new walking foot and do some channel stitches on the stars. I'm still going to free motion quilt the bandana quilt - I think some loops will add to the western effect - ya know, lassos? Something like this picture.

Today I went to a very "posh" fabric store in Houston with my mother-in-law to buy the fabric my sister-in-law picked out for her baby's bedding. Can you say oh-my-so-expensive fabric!?! I have never spent so much money on a quilt and I'm not even finished rounding up the fabrics she picked out! I'm such a bargain basement Walmart/Hobby Lobby clearance bin girl - I was beside myself. But I've planned the quilt and have 1/2 the fabrics and now I'm anxious to get the rest and get going. I will admit that turning over any creative control in this endeavor has been fairly difficult. But it is going to be a beautiful quilt and I can't wait to show it to you!

Meanwhile, Sav's dress is finished minus a big blue bow on the back, sewing machine cover is underway, and I get to make another cover, personalized for my little friend Audrie who will be the new owner of my cute blue Kenmore sewing machine. I'm so excited to help get a young sewer started!

Christmas gifts planned? Well, we'll see how much time I get for that!

No comments: