September 11, 2009

I'm Still Here

School is crazy! I have no time to blog! But now that I found my camera (hiding in the back of the Jeep) and had a chance to gather a few things together and take pictures, I offer to you: my 99th post! What in the world will I do for the next one? 100 posts is exciting! We'll see...

I did almost finish crocheting the edge around this fleece blankie for Project Linus in the car on the way to Houston last weekend. Hope I can find more yarn to match to finish up the border, run a ribbon through the center and turn it in! I whipped out my "I Taught Myself to Crochet" book to add the last row.

I finished this quilt the first weekend of September and even took it to Show and Tell at guild, but I just never had time to get a picture of it. We're enjoying it on the couch now that it's college football season! Lots of couch time...










Here's the back:













I ordered this panel from Melanie and it was sooo great to get a fun package in the mail today as this entire week was a doozy with the grand finale today! I plan on leaving a bit of the red border and adding some coins as a border since I have some Merry and Bright charms in my stash.
Easy, fun table topper!








Little did she know that stuffing this way fun panel in the envelope with it was just the lift I needed when I got home today! Thanks so much, Melanie! I can't wait to make a fun christmas project with this!










I decided that this was my favorite snow man in the panel. Snow days are so longed for here in Texas and so very rare. They really turn out to be "ice days", and since we don't know how to drive on ice, we stay home. Nothing better!










I ordered this sewing machine tote for myself, for my birthday. I turn the big "3-0" soon, and can't seem to stop buying myself birthday presents as the day approaches. At least that's the excuse I use!









This is a quilt top that is just about finished for a baby that will be here really soon. I used Amanda Jean's pattern and it was super easy. I love that there are no corners to match up, except the blocks themselves! I'm so lazy...









I also stocked up for the winter. I think I'm good to go!













And last, but not least, I did actually receive a gift for my birthday. My mother-in-law picked out this great organizer and pressing station which will be perfect for toting all my stuff around now that I'm into that whole "quilting with other women" thing.

Hopefully I'll finish up that baby quilt this weekend. Then it's back to the grind of dental school and rotations. Blah.




No comments: