January 23, 2010

A Little Hand-Quilting

I got Aunt Bertha's quilt top basted today, and upon using up all of my safety pins (which is a LOT),
I came down with chills and aches and took some Advil and plopped myself on the couch
underneath this giant (it's between a full and a queen) and watched lots of tv.



I just can't seem to shake this sinus thing, but at least I now have a great couch-bound activity : )

It's going to take for-ev-er.  I found out that she was practically blind when she hand-pieced this which is AMAZING, but it leaves me with some interesting blocks - so interesting, that pressing the top didn't really help much.  There's a lot of puckering and bad seams, and every time I fix something, I find another place that needs fixing.  But I think it will come out all right in the end...

Get excited about some coffee table action tomorrow!  Erik glued some of the pieces already so they can dry overnight and we can get 'er done in one day!

1 comment:

MandMStudio said...

Feel better soon:) Also I brought a quilt top last summer that was the same way..if you discover any tips to make it easier PLEASE pass them along.