September 18, 2010

The Answer is: Yes

Yes, I'm still here.

Yes, I still quilt.  Sometimes.

I know I've been absent, but there's been lots to do!  By the end of the week, the laundry is almost insurmountable, the activities endless, and the need for rest - paramount.

Last weekend, Erik and I ran a 5K here in Rockwall.  Since Rockwall is a small town, and only about 200 people or so ran this 5K, it was unlike most other races we run: we actually had to run the entire thing.  See, most races have such a glut of people at the start that if you want to run, you have to get there early (ha!) or work for it (dodge strollers and walkers).  We had none of that...in fact we were passed up by most of the jogging strollers because those people were serious!  But it was fun.  It was followed by a barbeque rib and chicken cook-off in the town square.  Let me tell you, there is nothing like finishing 3.1 miles and then finding someone offering you a pulled pork sandwich.  Only in the South!

We then cleaned up for my Williams family reunion we hold annually.  This year, since Erik and I dove into the whole Ancestry.com thing, we, or at least I was on stage for this one.  We had power point presentations and photo boards and Flickr groups set up so we could scan all our family's precious photos and share them.  It was a good time.

So, because I'm tired of craziness....this weekend is for me.

I do have to study, and do laundry, and study. I have a HUGE pharmacology test over pretty much every drug that I need to do well on so I can be cleared to take boards.  Yeah, I have to pass a test to be able to take a test. Ergh.  But I *will* quilt, darnit.  It's going to happen! 

I'm finishing up the quilt top for my FIL's retirement quilt.  I'll do that tonight and maybe piece the back, too.  Then it's sandwich time!

I joined the Fat Quarterly Jelly Roll Quilt Along because I have a lovely jelly roll of something sitting on my shelf waiting to be made into a gift for a lovely someone.  I know I'm behind, but this will be a great way to make something nice - FAST!

I really, really, really need to get a quilt into the mail to make a long trip to a dear friend of mine, so that's also on the horizon.  I'm getting really excited about it.  What a seriously unexpected surprise!  I love it!  I want to have a video camera running in the box so I can see her face when she opens it! 

Sorry for no picutres right now....all these secrets!

And lastly, my Hope Valley still stuck to my design board.  Alas, I will get to you one day...

No comments: