June 3, 2012

Carter's Quilt

I recently gifted this quilt for my nephew, Carter, who was born back in March.


I discovered my SIL was using an animal theme very similar to this "Oh, Boy!" line that I've had stashed forever.  Perfect!


I used the Charm Pack Quilt pattern from Swim, Bike, Quilt, but I had to cut my charm squares from fat quarters.


Here's a close up of the hand quilting on the back.  I used crochet thread instead of pearl cotton because I don't have a good non-internet source of a variety of colors and I've discovered it works just as well.

It's a finish!  Let's not talk about the 5 yards of Kona white that's slated for my Hope Valley quilt that's been sitting on my dryer waiting to be washed for at least 5 months now.  I really need to get to work on some of my other projects!

No comments: