May 21, 2015

Andrea's Quilt - Granny Squares

Andrea finally gets her own quilt!


Since the baby quilt I made for Audrey matched the nursery, and we kept the nursery the same for both girls, I felt like I was off the hook for making Andrea a baby quilt. Forget that I had them 16 months apart and was working full time. 



But after I really got back to working on Audrey's quilt, and they'd see me working on the hand quilting, Andrea quickly realized that Audrey was getting a pretty quilt for her bed and she wanted one, too!  

I've had granny squares on my to-do list and decided to go the easy route and use some Moda mini-charms of Bonnie and Camille's Scrumptious line and I raided my white stash for all the white squares. That means they're all a little bit different shade of white, but I was more than happy to use up my scraps. 


I used the tutorial from Blue Elephant Stitches since she used 2.5" squares, but didn't add the border, just the same sashing. 


I had this sweet pink print in my stash and pieced it with some white to make it big enough (and knock down my stash even more!)

This quilt is about 44"x55" and I machine quilted it to knock it out and get it on her toddler bed. I bound it in the same pink from my grandmother's stash that I used on Audrey's quilt. 



And just in time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I'm entering it into the small quilts category. Thanks, Amy, for hosting again, and thank YOU for stopping by!

2 comments:

arncar said...

I love your fabric selection.

Leslie Unfinished said...

Such a cute quilt. Thanks for reminding me how cute this pattern is. I need to make myself one!