August 12, 2008

Someone's Been A Bad Girl....


Like I have time to have fun with all of this! Those dangerous trips to Walmart and Hobby Lobby can sure get me into trouble. I see a baby quilt, a Christmas apron, maybe some ornaments or a rag quilt, and on the far left, some machine quilting practice (what! machine quilting?). The one on the left is a patchwork print that I can practice motifs on and then use as....I dunno maybe some pillows. I'm giving in to Erik's plea to speed up my quilting, although I think a compromise will include a new sewing machine...we'll see : )
After I finish NaNa's quilt, the next few projects will be somewhat secretive because they are gifts, but I'll document per the usual. One quilt will be a stash only adventure, one will be a special order by the mama after the sex is determined, and the last is an excursion into a colorless world...
I also need to order my brown bandanas to whip out the bandana quilt before the house is done.
The summer has wiped my brain clean of what dental school actually entails and I think I'm in for a huge shock come Monday morning. That makes me really sad. I would so rather quilt and build houses all day : )

2 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

one more thing you and I have in common...sewing stuff! had no idea you were crafty:)

Abby said...

Sewing stuff is fun! I still consider myself a novice as I haven't strayed much from straight lines on a sewing machine. I'm ready to make a bag or apron or something other than a quilt with it :) But in general, I like to do things with my hands. What do you sew?