November 13, 2008

The problem and the solution.

When I get home from school I am too physically exhausted to do anything but sit on a couch with a computer...maybe, if Erik's lucky, I'll go out to the house for a bit. But that's a stretch. Super tired all the time. So sewing is out the window. Last Saturday, I ran errands buying stuff for the house so Erik could actually work, which was very productive, but no sewing. This weekend might be a lot of that, too, but I need to get a few things done on my project list and sort out what I want to put on my project list for the holidays. (Note: I'm also toying with the idea of getting a new sewing machine which is super exciting, but makes me want to save some things until I get it, so it makes it even more difficult to plan things!)


This weekend, I need to finish Savannah's dress and the package of goodies for the FordeFam (including a fairly large project only partly underway). With those two things out of my mind, I can get on the ball with the big stuff.


I plan on making a bandana quilt for the "boy" room in the new house. It should be super easy and I'm thinking about either machine quilting it or just using some simple knot stitches from my quilt stitch book.


Then I need to whip up some Christmas presents: a pillow I'm already working on, some dish towels that are ready to go, I'd like to make an apron from some fun Christmas fabric I got. So many ideas!


I'll just have to start with this weekend and see where I go from there. It's Erik's birthday on Sunday, anyway, so he'll have to come first : ) Happy Birthday, hubby! I so wish we were back in Oregon on vacation!




No comments: