March 23, 2009

Spring Break, etc.

After a sewing-less week, Erik and I packed up on Friday and headed for Austin. Don't worry, I broke out my trip-tested English paper piecing and got quite a bit done for riding-in-the-car sewing!


One more? Hmmm....I'm thinking wall hanging for my sewing room...

Can you believe we used to live here? I mean blocks away? And chose to leave? Oh, I miss kayaking!


We got to see the Roeders and Moores (we miss you, Dan!) and were adventurous enough to go bowling (no SXSW mania for us!) Vanessa and her husband Jon let us crash one night with them, sending the kiddos off to grandma's. I took my old sewing machine to their daughter, Audrie, who is currently sewing stuffed animals and planning her own Etsy shop : ) Really talented family...

Then off to Fredricksburg! The bluebonnets were thinking about coming out in full bloom. Give it another few weeks....

This poor poppy put up a mighty fight in the blustering wind!
What a great idea...

And I can never get away from dentistry. Came across these (mirror and shade guide) in an antique shop. Not sure if the "PULL" sign was strategically located near the dental wares or not...
Even some dirty old impression trays:

It was a great break, but I'm still without a pedicure...Really gotta work on that as sandals creep into my future. : )

2 comments:

betsy green said...

Looks like you had fun in Fberg. We SO miss austin as well! Glad you had a good break. . .now the real reason for my comment: I am trying to go "3-column" with my blog and yours is one of the only ones (of people I know) that already is. . . SOOOOO. . . how'd you do it?!?! Email me (in all your free time!) if you don't mind sharing some pointers. thanks (lostinthecedars@yahoo.com)
Betsy

tubakk said...

Oh, I love hexagons!