I cut all of my fabrics in 3" strips along the width of the fabric.
After church and groceries today, I cut my coins out in 5" sets and trimmed them up. I almost got 7 "stacks" out of that (a couple of fabrics were too short).
I decided to offset them to make it more interesting and this involved a seam ripper. Not too bad. I stacked two rows on top of each other, then just took a little off the bottom and put it on the top of the other two rows, adding a few choice scraps that didn't fit into my strip plan.
Here they are, ready to be sashed with some 2" white strips from my stash.
Now, since I didn't make a plan for this one at all, I came to the end of my sprint with this quilt top, and decided it needed another stack of coins. Right now, the quilt top measures 29.5 x 48" including the sashing left to go on the top. Another stack would make it, oh, (4.5 + 1.5...) 36 x 48". I could just add a border, ooh, black! I have a stack semi-made left over after cutting, so we'll see. The guru of quilting herself, Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts, made her quilt 41 x 50", so naturally I am compelled to approach that dimension, even though I know full well that it doesn't matter.