June 21, 2009
Well, little Miss Kennedy was born this week and her quilt is finished! Sure hope her momma loves it! I got to see some pictures of her sleeping in her crib on Facebook. Her bedding totally matches the quilt. Totally.
I was hoping to get this done a lot sooner, but my cold knocked me out last weekend, and when I finally had the energy to get to it, I realized the brown binding I had was not chocolate enough for me, so I had to buy some more...and wash it...and iron it...you get the picture.
The quilt is on the smaller side because I designed it on my 36"x48" science fair/quilt design board. Still perfectly appropriate for a baby quilt!
This was my absolute first quilt to stipple and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Still have a long way to go, but I've got the gist of it, now.
My bindings are down to a science, now, and I really feel like I've got the hang of the whole bias thing. I thought about giving it up after Elizabeth's discussion of binding during her mod sampler quilt-along, but when it comes down to it, I'm too lazy and will probably always buy my binding and deal with the bias-ness of it, angled seams and all!
I just pieced the back with whatever fabric I had left. It works!
I would have loved to applique her name, but it wasn't divulged until now, and well, "Kennedy" is kinda long.... : )
So, welcome to the world, little girl! Now on to binding Sarah's quilt! I'm on a roll!