June 21, 2010

You Win Some, You Lose Some

This weekend was not only Father's Day, it was my niece's 2nd birthday.
She's a doll and I love making things for her!

I found this little pink backpack at Joann's and embroidered her name and a flower.  I stuffed it full of learning activities I found at the dollar store.  She loves her ABCs and 123s!


I also included this little soft book.  I bought the panel at Walmart when she was born (before the fabric department vanished into thin air).


I embroidered her name inside.


I love the sweet little truths in this book.


And lo and behold....a quilt top.  Kind of.  It needs a border.  I also see the two dot blocks in the bottom left hand corner right next to each other and it's driving me crazy.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Maybe I can just say that it represents the bride and groom?  Maybe? Erik refuses to let me fix it, so I'm going to have to do it while he's not home. : )


I think I can manage to really finish this quilt top this weekend and maybe even get it basted : )  The wedding shower is July 10th!

4 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

What perfect gifts for your niece!

I have no doubt you'll get your quilt finished by the 10th. The polka dots being next to each other is not a problem at all. It took me a minute to figure out what was bothering you.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't see it either until I red above comment and saw the polka dots. It is beautiful - hope I get to see it in real. Sweet Molly surely had a super birthday.

Anonymous said...

read not red

Julie Swift said...

I'm new to this blogging thing...so some how I just created my own blog account (just so I could post on yours). The dots are fine, but they would bother me too :0) I'm not very good at randomness, I'm always trying to control it some how...but I work on it!