January 10, 2011

Signs and Symptoms

Ok, maybe only symptoms so far, except for the 2 sticks I peed on.  (I just had to make sure ; )

Sore boobs - check.  More so in the morning or late at night.  I guess a bra does wonders.
Frequent urination - check.
Nausea - early on after meals, I'd have to take a deep breath and let it out occasionally to get over a feeling in my stomach.  Tonight, I tasted a little urp coming up, but now I'm just enjoying this feeling on the couch.  Or was it the enchiladas?
Cramping - at least the kind I think I felt the other night seems totally normal for this stage and represents uterine growth.  Apparently.
(The lack of doctor intervention at this point - which I hear is totally normal - has forced me to seek out internet answers for the things that freak  me out.  Someone has to tell me these things!)
Lack of menstrual period - still enjoying that one

Today was my first day back at school after Christmas break.  I wanted to start wearing a mask as soon as I walked in the door.  I mean that place is teaming with all sorts of aerosols and chemicals that I shouldn't be exposed to anyway, much less the growing embryo inside me that's trying to make organs right now.  After speculating about when a girl in my class was going to return to school after having her baby before Christmas, a friend directed a big fat "when are you going to have a baby" at me to which I gave a big "I don't know" kind of look to which she responded "You're already pregnant, aren't you" to which I gave a "Seriously?" kind of look.  This quiet game is tough.

No comments: