February 17, 2011

The Kid



We had our first appointment!  Well, let me start with the real story.  Our first appointment was supposed to be February 1st.  And then it snowed.  And snowed and snowed and snowed.  Not only was my appointment canceled, but I had to wait a week until I could reschedule because they were closed.  Because it snowed.  Thankfully, a week to the day after I was supposed to have my first appointment, we got to meet "the kid".  




That was 9 weeks 6 days.  Yesterday, I was 11 weeks.  I go back to Dr. Inzer on Tuesday next week.

We've told parents and siblings and everyone's very happy.

I am, honestly, very disbelieving.  I'm still struggling with the fact that this is actually happening.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's because no one at school knows and that's where I spend an awful lot of my time.  Mom said she remembers feeling that way.  Don't get me wrong...I'm very, very happy.  Just taking it all in.  One day at a time.



We told all the initial folks by showing them the ultrasound video, and we bought these birthday party invitations to tell everyone else : )

No comments: