March 4, 2011

I'm Really Embarrassed

My last post was the beginning of January.  I never really understood what caused women to disappear from their blogs and such when they got pregnant, but I get it now.


There sure is an awful lot you're more worried about than showing off your latest project.
And in reality, your latest project is a really big secret : )

So, all is well.  I'm due September 7th, which happens to be the same day I was due 32 years ago!

I do have a finish!  This is my father-in-law's retirement quilt.  He went to Valparaiso University in Indiana, so I snagged a few shirts off eBay, a few more from various sources on the internet, and made him a t-shirt quilt.  Every time I make one, I say I'll never do it again, but somehow, it happens.  I'm really liking the checkerboard borders - I think it gives it some character.  All the border and sashing and baking fabric was stash, so that's always a good thing.


It's my first finish of the year.  Well, a finish is a finish!

7 comments:

meli B said...

I have no idea what the teams are but the quilt is great. The checkerboard borders are perfect. As for your other major project, congratulations. Hope you haven't been feeling too ill.Its amazing how something so small can make you so tired.

Ellen said...

I am super excited for you!!!! Let me know if you need anything!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations! A wee one is exciting!

Karin said...

Congratulations!!!! It's such a wonderful time (when vomitting is over;-) I always wondered how life with a baby would be, now I can't remember how it was without my little boy. I wish you a wonderful pregnancy!

Lisa said...

Can't wait for the little one to get here. So exciting!!

Becky said...

Congrats! That's wonderful news.

Nani said...

The "smallest projects" turn into you biggest joys! Love, MOM