April 24, 2011

Some Real Progress

I had some serious get-up-and-go this weekend.

After spending 3.5 hours on Saturday buying a car to get us through the next 5 years or so, Erik and I hit the yard and dethatched, aerated, mowed, edged, and sprayed compost tea.  Today, after Easter lunch at Nanna's, Erik started the redesign of the main front flower bed and I went upstairs and did this:


This one photo represents several accomplishments:
1) I went upstairs to my sewing room.
2) My sewing room was clean enough to find what I wanted to work on.
3) I actually hung up my new Fons and Porter design wall.
4) I cut out the white squares to go along with the rest I had already cut a loooong time ago.
5) I now have this quilt top laid out and ready to piece!

I cut way too many squares out of my no-longer-wanted scrubs for this, so I'm going to have to find a good use for those left over.  I have ideas already churning in my head. : )

(P.S. I passed my boards!)

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on passing your boards!

Ellen said...

Congrats!!! And I love this quilt! I've been wanting to make one, too!!! :)

Megan @ MiaDolceOriginals said...

Hi Abby! I love you for commenting on my blog - most of the time I feel like I'm just talking to myself - lol! And I love that you're a fellow Texan :)