January 31, 2019

A Quilt for Me!

I fell in love with Hope Valley by Denise Schmidt when it came out and waited...a little too long...to get some.  But I found a pack of these charms, a jelly roll, and a bit of yardage on Etsy before the prices skyrocketed, so I had my chance to make a quilt for me!


I slowly began to add some Kona White around those charms, and used the strips to make a square in square block...


until I had a bunch of happy blocks! 
I worked on this all through dental school, so it was a long work in progress.


I had in mind that this would be a graduation quilt for me, 
but by the time I graduated, I was having my first baby, and if you've
had babies, you know that life changes, and this got put off for about four years!


When all was said and done, I got it pieced together, borders added, 
basted, and did a bit of hand quilting.




I love it!


Love!


No comments: